Monday, March 6, 2017

DeFYNIRS of the Queen's Community: Ashley Drouillard

What day is it? Motivational Monday!


Today’s influential member of the community has recently been busy interning for Computing Students Association (COMPSA) this past year and is currently in the transition period for Vice President of University Affairs. She has also held many other positions within COMPSA and by playing an active role in COMPSA, our influential member of the FYNIRS community shows how important student governments are to the success of a university. Without further ado, here is Ashley Drouillard!



Whats is your name, year, and program?
Ashley Drouillard, Software Design – Computer Science ‘19

How have you gotten involved in the Queen’s community? 
COMPSA – Computing Students Association: Scribe (2015), Intern (2016) and going into third year as the Vice President of University Affairs.

What was the name of your frosh group? 
Frosh the Next Gen

What is one thing that makes you proud to be a FYNIR? 
I am proud at the fact that FYNIRS provides a welcoming and accommodating community for all incoming students outside of residence. FYNIRS provides an opportunity for students to meet new people and develop long standing relationships.

What was your most memorable moment from FYNIRS Orientation Week? 
I wasn’t able to participate in FYNIRS Orientation week as a frosh but I have to say that my favourite FYNIRS event from first year was the trip to the Corn Maze on Wolfe Island. It’s where I was ‘adopted’ into my FYNIRS Frosh Group and where I met many of my friends to this day!

How has FYNIRS helped you throughout your time here at Queen’s? 
As I mentioned before, FYNIRS has provided a welcoming and supportive community throughout my time here at Queens’. The FYNIRS lounge has given me a place to study or just hang out with people between classes. During my time at Queens, my FYNIRS frosh group has always been very close knit and supportive. I had amazing landlords that created a great first impression and a great first year at Queens. Through FYNIRS I was able to meet so many new people and it’s where I met my current housemates! What I love about FYNIRS is that the community doesn’t end after first year.

What's one thing about FYNIRS you'd like other people to know? 
I’d like incoming off campus students to know that FYNIRS doesn’t have to end after frosh week. I’d encourage FYNIRS to hang out at the lounge and to come out to the events throughout the year!

Ashley shows us the even though the FYNIRS community is small in numbers we make up for it by having outstanding members, who go on to be leaders and inspirations to others. The 2017 executive team would like to thank Ashley for being a member of student government, but not also forgetting her roots as a FYNIRS. We would like to wish her luck in her upcoming year as Vice President of University Affairs of COMPSA.

If you would like to nominate someone you know as a notable FYNIRS, you can do so at this link here: https://goo.gl/forms/7mJiQHbc6x2hSqq12

2 comments:

  1. يمكنك الان التواصل مع شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام من خلال ارقام التلفونات التي تقوم بوضعها الشركة وتوفيرها لجميع العملاء لسهولة التواصل معهم مباشرا.
    http://abraj-dubai.net/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D8%B1%D8%B4-%D9%85%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%85-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%AD%D8%B3%D8%A7%D8%A1/

    ReplyDelete
  2. สมัคร Pg Slot การเล่น สล็อต สมัครง่าย ผ่านระบบอัตโนมัติ 3 วินาที ทำให้ทุกคนเพลินใจ ไปกับการเล่น สล็อต ได้ทุกหนทุกแห่ง ส่วนกระบวนการลงทะเบียน เป็นสมาชิกนั้น ไม่ยุ่งยาก ททางเว็บ

    ReplyDelete